I feel like I post a lot of videos, but I came across these School House Rock gems and couldn't help but share. These treasures were where I really learned about grammar and the history of America.
Here are a few of my favorites:
For some reason I LOVED Mr. Morton. A snippet in the middle always made me crack up (hint: A neighbor chased his kid..."come here kid, come on.") But I really think it was the romanced involved.
I will always remember the song they sing for the preamble. Can't count the number of times I've used this song for a test.
Conjunctions really do make it all happen:
You Rock, School House Rock
school house rock does rock. i really enjoy learning about the constitution and conjunctions, but sometimes you just need someone to sing them to you to better understand them.
ReplyDeletei'm writing an essay on judical review and the supreme court case marbury v. madison as we speak, and i could really use some information in song form.
maybe you can come over and try to sing the whole case to me. then i would understand it for sure. untill then i will be reading up on this crap.
-Anna
One of my roommates has School House Rock on VHS, it is totally on my list of things to watch!!
ReplyDeleteI want to try and find these on DVD for my kids! They ROCK!
ReplyDelete