Friday, August 14, 2009

Where Beer is cheaper than Water...


I traveled through Bavaria the first week and a half of August with my cousin and aunt and just got back a few days ago. We mostly spent time in Germany, but a little in Austria too. The Bavarian countryside is one of the most beautiful places I have visited and we got to see some amazing things while we were there.

First... On the second day I broke my mom's digital camera:( so I don't really have a ton of photos from the trip right now. Just waiting to share with my cousin and aunt :) These are a few pictures I took with a disposable camera I bought from the third day of our trip in Reutte, Austria. We hiked up to the Ehrenberg Castle ruins. The castle was built in 1293. They were so pretty and the view of the city below was beautiful.



So we decided to hike down the back of the mountain to get back into Reutte instead of taking the same path we took to get there because we thought it would be faster. It was maybe one of the most terrifying things of my life. The path (if you can even call it a path) was so steep (and I was in a skirt) and muddy and I seriously thought I was going to die... not even joking. Hopefully I get some pictures of the path we climbed from my cousin so I can show how truly ridiculous it was that we even made it to the bottom alive. And it ended up taking us twice as long to get back... terrifying. Other than that, the castle was awesome and Reutte was completely charming:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh lovely Allison, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to go to the Ehrenberg ruins when we were in Fussen and Reutte, but we ran out of time! I want to see your pictures and hear more about your trip! We will have to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about it all. So was it that death hill that caused the digi camera to break?? Bummer!

    ReplyDelete