
Albert Bierstadt, Among the Sierra Nevada, California, 1868
I think Albert Bierstadt's paintings are so epic. I just love the idea of the awe in nature that he portrays.
Ok.So.
A few updates for everyone:
1. Just got a job at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts. I think my official title is Membership Coordinator Assistant. I started just this past Monday and LOVE it so so much. It's like a grown up job where I get to use my brain, my opinion matters and the people I work with think I'm an adult. It's kind of awesome. Maybe every time I seriously think about it my heart flutters a little bit and I get really excited. So I have my foot in the door and really, it makes me so happy.
2. Also just got an internship at the Utah Museum of Natural History. I am working with the Assistant Director on a project she has been researching for about 2 years, on and off. The research is for a mural in the Price, Utah City Hall about the history of Price. I am helping her finish up her research and compile everything in order to make a presentation to the mayor of Price to start conservation work. What makes me even more excited is how excited *she* is for my help. Being appreciate for free labor is also kind of awesome.

What I love most about all of this (and I know it sounds totally nerdy) is that I feel like the things I am doing matter and are making a difference for something/someone.
p.s. In case anyone is wondering, I am still working at J.Crew so please come visit me:)
Pierre Soulages, Pienture, 260 x 202 cm, 19 juin 1963, 1963
I saw this work in the Pompidou on Study Abroad. Don't know a ton about it, but thought it was interesting.
Allison I am so happy for you! I am literally thrilled that you are finding ways to work and keep busy in our field. I am a tad jealous too of course!!
ReplyDelete"toot toot"
ReplyDelete--Here comes the success train filled with magical gummy bears and fruit shaped like fingers. May all these things tickle your fancy...take this however you want.
Good job!
Congratulations! I'm happy for you. It sounds like you're having the time of your life.
ReplyDelete