San Francisco was pretty awesome.
Jasper Johns, Land's End, 1963.
A Few Highlights:
One of the first galleries we went to is owned by a man named Anthony Meier. He shows work in the entrance of his home and the back rooms and upstairs are residential. He was having an opening the night we were there of an artist named Robert Buck. I liked his work. He takes images of smoke he finds off the internet, screen prints the image, and then paints two layers. One with acrylic paints, the other with alert paint(what they use to paint road signs). Alert paint is super reflective so it was interesting to take photos of his work with and without flash.
The Artist: Robert Buck. In the zone. Explaining his work. He was totally cool and very interesting to talk to.
W/out Flash
W/ Flash
The SF MOMA was very cool. I think it's one of my favorite museums. Everything is super well placed and organized. Plus they just have incredibly awesome pieces.

Marcel Duchamp's The Fountain
Went to the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. They were having a mural exhibit, which I really liked. Giant rooms were dedicated to one or two murals:
Also walked along the wharf and Chinatown:

The seals are totally hilarious and adorable. I could have watched them for hours. I think they would have liked that too.

We went to a few more galleries while there and also did a few artist studio visits, which were one of my favorite things. Another favorite thing was the Mission District. I'll do a smaller post about that soon!
Just love to travel!
SF is such a fun city! (Especially if you went with Mrs. Hughs!) I am glad you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteAmazing opportunity. I wish I could live your life that week!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I love the smoke paintings. So, why did you go? Just a fun trip with the people from the museum?
ReplyDelete