
Today was a pretty good day. Matt and I spoke in church on a talk given by Elder Scott in October's general conference called "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character." Matt did a really great job and I thought mine went well (always your own worst critic). Both of our parents came and it was really great to have them there; when speaking in a new ward, friendly faces are always welcome. (p.s. Elder Scott's talk is a really great one and I highly recommend it to give one a little uplift).
One thing that was positive about speaking was that a bunch of people came up to us after and I felt a little more at home in the ward. After sacrament it was business as usual -- Sunday School and Relief Society, which were both pretty good.
After church Matt and I always do our calling, which is visiting the home-bound members in the ward. It has been a really rewarding calling and we have both loved getting to know the older members. The priests we go with are pretty rad too. Really sweet boys.
Next we went to my parent's for dinner, which was delicious. Sunday dinners are the best because whether we are at the Sligting's or the Mays' we always know we'll be eating something super delicious (and way better than anything I could make!) My mom made a yummy poppy seed cake tonight. So moist! (Sorry, Natalie!)
And to end the night we came home to find delicious cookies Matt's mom Marie left for us on our doorstep. So very thoughtful -- which is always like Marie:)
Happy Sunday!
My Mom said your talks were both great! I wish we could have been there :) Speaking of great, your calling couldn't be more awesome. I love it. Sunday dinners at the parents... love that too.
ReplyDeleteI love that you casually slip that picture into this post like it's no big deal. Best picture I've seen in a long time. I wish I could've heard your talks, I'm glad they went well.
ReplyDeleteAllison! This picture is too great! hahaha
ReplyDeleteThat. Picture.
ReplyDeleteI'm speechless.
Hah! Gagging and judging you!!
ReplyDelete